The creative life is all about feeding one’s imagination with a wide variety of inputs – gathering inspiration, provoking thought, tickling one’s fancy – and then making connections between all these disparate little bites. Here’s a selection of links and bits and pieces that grabbed my attention this week, perhaps some of them will inspire you too.
- What I’m going to be doing for the next two weeks
- Preferably HERE
- December is stressful, but this is a big NOPE as a coping strategy for me.
- Some of these letters broke my heart – Please Santa take all the guns.
- This had me giggling – The future king of England galloping!
This song feels like a hug…
- Ready to declare war on Christmas? Here’s a handy guide from the people from McSweeneys.
- It has been a prickly year all round really… Susannah Conway has some kind, soothing words to help.
- Delicate folds – I love the way this artist has captured the fabric in this piece.
“My mother had two messages for me in my growing up years: to be a lady — don’t be distracted by emotions like anger, envy, resentment, these things just sap energy and waste time — and the other was to be independent.”
— Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Remember to sign up for email updates on my blog because Facebook severely restricts who sees my posts, and not everyone has Instagram. I wouldn’t want you to miss out on the madness! There’s a link over on the side bar. I promise not to spam you, and I will never on-sell your details to anyone.